In order to transmit your application, you must follow this step-by-step process. So, here is how to apply for a UK visa from Nigeria.
• Firstly, visit the UK official website at GOV.UK
, to create a user account.
• Click on the Visa and Immigration link and;
• Click on the Visit the UK link.
• Select Standard Visitor Visa. Standard Visitor visa covers for leisure (holiday or to see your family and friends), business (take part in sports, conference or creative events), and other reasons like private medical treatment.
• You must fill out the application. Ensure you input a valid email address where a link to your application can be sent, in case you need to continue at a later time.
• Pay the visa fee ($137 for a 6 month UK visa. It is subject to change). You need to acknowledge the information you have put in so far so that you can proceed to the payment section.
• Finally, when you make the payment, it redirects to the TLSContact portal where you can book an appointment for biometrics. In the drop-down menu, select where you prefer to take your biometric. You have 3 options, Abuja, Ikeja, and Victoria Island. Once you have chosen a location, you cannot undo this process again. Please note that Victoria Island center is more expensive due to tax and other associated costs.
Please note that when selecting appointment dates, do not select 9 am and 12 am as they are reserved for prime time (24hr) applicants, except you want the service. So when you get an appointment date sent to you via email, you must print it out, and download a checklist that is available to you on the portal.