Smile Dove Travel Agency
Travel to Canada
Canada is a North American country with ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean. After Russia, Canada is the second largest country. Blessed with a fascinating land mass, about 75,000 tourists visit Canada every year, making it the world’s most attractive tourist destinations. Best visited during the warmer months, Canada offers beautiful sights to see, like the Niagra falls, Grouse mountain, the whales in the waters of victoria on Vancouver island and one of the world’s most photographed lakes- Lake louise.
Documents Required For Canada Visa In Nigeria
- Passport (Valid for at least 6 months)
- Download Canada Checklist and Fill out the corresponding Canada form.
- Two coloured background photographs
- Proof of visa application fee (receipt) and, if applicable, bio-metric fee
- Recent Bank statement showing sufficient funds for the duration of the trip. The bank’s statement must not be more than 3 months old
- Travel Itinerary and copy flight reservation
- Recent Medical Statement, if applicable
- Previous passports with visa pages
- Marriage certificate, if married
- Invitation letter from the host in Canada if invited
- Proof of ties in Nigeria (i.e. employment letter, investment, proof of businesses or assets, and so on)
- Minors under 18 traveling alone will need a letter of authorization signed by both parents or legal guardians. If traveling with one parent, a letter of authorization from the non-accompanying parent or legal guardian is required
Note: If you are visiting family or traveling for business you will need an invitation letter detailing the nature of the visit. In addition, your host must give details of the length of stay, host person or nature of business, and legal status in the letter.
Canada Study Permit
- Photo: Two passport photographs of yourself, with the name printed on the back, dated and taken in the past 6 months.
- Passport: Original Nigerian e-passport. Previous passport(s) showing travel history is essential.
- Letter of Acceptance. Original and copy of Letter of Acceptance from your educational institute in Canada stating unconditional admission or conditional. You must show you can meet the course of the condition title and level of study, duration of the study, and start date.
- Academic Documents. Originals and copy of present academic standings (up-to-date transcripts). WAEC/SSCE/NECO results; post-secondary transcripts; all certificates and/or diplomas. You must provide evidence of all current and past education, including the street name address of ALL previous educational institutions that you attended. Include NYSC certificate, if applicable.
Proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses for at least one year in Canada.
In addition to the cost of tuition, you should have at least CAD $10,000 available to cover your living expenses. An additional minimum requirement of CAD $4,000 must be added if a spouse or partner is accompanying the student, as well as CAD $3,000 per accompanying child or other accompanying dependent. Evidence includes:
- Original plus one copy of certified bank statement(s) or financial investments with past six month’s history including your submission month or ending one month prior.
- You must also show a reliable source of funds for the duration of your academic program.
- You may also submit financial documents related to a valid pension plan or proof of income from rental properties or stocks and bonds.
Payment of Tuition fees is not required at time of application submission. After positive processing of the Student application, proof of tuition payment may be required prior to the issue of a Visa. Official Fee Schedule includes tuition, accommodations and meal plans, miscellaneous expenses (medical insurance, books, memberships).
- Original Police clearance certificates obtained from C.I.D Headquarters for the applicant and any accompanying family member above 18 years. Also, certificates are required for each of the countries in which they stayed more than 6 months since they turned 18.
Reference/Sponsorship letter from the individual(s) providing you financial assistance for your program. The letter must indicate their employment, occupation, relationship to you, number of dependents, and full contact details.
In case of extended family member sponsorship, include proof of relationship. Proof such as a family tree, photos, proof of prior financial support of your education to date if applicable, and other helpful documents.
If your employer intends to sponsor, employer contact details and Full Street address of business location are compulsory.
Proof of Business: if you are self-employed. Provide business registration, tax clearance certificates, trade certificates, license, and financial documents. (Certified business bank statement with 6 months history up to application submission date).
Proof of employment– letter from your current or past employer and payslips (last 3 months). Employment letter dated within 2 months of the application indicating occupation, job description, position, salary, allowances, dates of employment, and authorized leave dates